Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday

I spent the day away from home again yesterday, something I haven't been doing much of lately but am hoping to change. Not too much but some. I had the bandage off the wrist (yeehaw!) and the stitches out. Everything is as it should be, only a little swollen and very black and blue. it will be a few more weeks before it is completely healed but at least I can wash my hands! After the visit with the good doctor I had lunch with Larry's pals from Embarq, it was good to see them again. I had gotten to know this group pretty well so I missed them. We had a good chat and shared some memories of Larry and his antics. He was such a goof! Then I hit some quilt shops-didn't buy anything:(, but did get some maps of Great Britain, Ireland and Australia so I can now find where Toowomba is! But I couldn't find North Rocks:( More research is needed! After dinner I went to watch Brayden's gymnastics class-very amusing. He's pretty good, and they have a definite progression they are teaching designed for skill-building without scaring them to death.

I have finished sorting the photos by decade-I think. Took a lot of photos out of frames as I decided it wasn't really necessary to have a family photo on display from when Rob (28) was a baby! I am trying to be very deliberate about things and it would be so easy to be over run by photos. Tomorrow I'll start on the 2000's sorting into years and events. It will be the easiest since it's most recent.

Next up today I'm going to press denim strips and sew them together for Rob's top. I alternated lightish and darkish squares so there will be a pattern of sorts. His idea was to "just sew them together." On Sunday Joann's is having fleece 50% off so I'll go buy the backing/batting for it and the other two smaller quilts (also denim). I hope that next week I can push the needle through the 2 layers to tie it. He seems quite anxious to have it. I'll post photos when it's bound.

Kelsey and I are adapting, she seems a bit unsettled by Charley's absence I am unsettled by having only one dog in the house. We'll get there.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I'm not sure about the black and blue but it reads as though your wrist is progressing well. Terrific!

Type North Rocks,NSW,2151 into Google Maps and than pan out a little to see where it is. A smallish suburb north of Parramatta - the second biggest city in NSW.

Great work on those photos and on your denim quilt.

Cheers, Ann :-)