Saturday, February 13, 2010

Okay, not so bored

So the last two days I've been sitting at my sewing machine stitching together denim blocks. I'm a little over half done, I think. I'd like to have the blocks done tomorrow and begin stitching the rows together so I think I'll sew a bit more now. I watched the opening ceremonies of the Vancover Winter Olympics last night, truly amazing! It is sad for the athletes, friends and family of the young man who died on the luge. It terrifies me just to watch the luge! Have never been a big fan of the summer games but I love the winter ones, I've been checking in today watching speed skating etc. Hats off to the Canadians for a great Olympics! Wrist continues to improve just a twinge now and again, the worst of it now is that it itches! I know, I know, that means it healing.
Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

hi Gail, thanks for popping by my blog, nice to visit.
I do hope that you are recovering well from your wrist surgery, and maybe catching up on some reading huh???? And I guess there is always an excuse to watch the winter Olympics - enjoy!

a good yarn said...

You must feel good that you are getting some sewing done. I'm looking forward to seeing some pix of your denim blocks. The luge fatality was tragic. I've never understood the sport myself. There are a handful of Australians competing with mixed results. We give it our best shot. Glad to read that your hands are on the improve. Cheers, Ann :-)