Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Of denim quilts

The first photo is of the completed top for Rob's new denim quilt. It's laying out on my queen sized bed so you can tell it's big (approximately 90x97 inches.) I bought the fleece for the backing yesterday, a solid royal blue. I also bought flannel for binding but think I might self bind it and use the flannel for another project- like backs for the never ending flannel rag quilt number 2.

The second photo is a close-up of some of the blocks. It will be a very sturdy quilt, also heavy but not as heavy as some of the others I've made as I put batting in those as well. Someone asked me why-my answer "because I thought I was supposed to."

Wrist and hand getting stronger every day but must still baby it. I haven't tried a needle yet, maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I have been so excited about seeing this quilt. It looks terrific Gail and you're right - it's huge! That's good news about your hand - don't rush things, take your time. Ann :-)