Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's still cold!

The title says it all! More snow in the forecast for tomorrow and the coldest temperatures yet. I plan to run a couple of errands this afternoon; fill the gas tank, hit the grocery store etc as the high on Thursday is to be 1 degree F! It's not such a problem except that the side roads are still snow packed and icy which makes getting around a little dicey. My truck with it's sand tubes manages just fine but why go out if you don't need to? I have plenty to do here at home.

Rob nearly has the wall in the garage finished. My brother, Bobby is coming over to teach him how to frame in a door. He's been very thankful for all the hours spent on job sites with his Granddad while growing up! I have nearly all my boxes moved up to the spare room from the basement as well. Rob is hoping I'll get the desk ready to go while Bobby is here-ugh! Once I've my things out of there then they will move down. It will be unfinished but Rob starts classes again on Monday and he wants most of it done. Once they are out of the room I get to paint-trim, walls and ceiling then move my sewing/office in. I can't wait until it's all done!

I also decided to make the dreaded change over in laptops. My laptop's monitor has been doing strange things with colors for a while and has lately begun going black so I am changing over to Larry's. I'll say right up front that I do not like it! I will get used to it of course but there will be a lot of grumbling first! I have yet to set up this years finances, Quicken, spreadsheets, budget etc. Not a lot of fun for me. That is my other big project for this week. Does anyone see any sewing in there? Me neither.

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Take care in those treacherous conditions, Gail. Wow, one degree is cold! Sounds like things are really moving along with your renovations. You won't know yourself once it's all settled to your liking. Good luck with you laptop changeover. I hope it all goes off without a hitch. Cheers, Ann :-)

Bri@TheModernParsonage said...

it's cold now here, too. your city infected ours!