Sunday, January 10, 2010

Double digits!

No snow today and the thermometer hit somewhere in the 20's, with a south wind to warm us up more tomorrow. We might even hit freezing! Not much sign of melting but there is a strip of pavement showing. I think there's more snow coming but it is to be warmer this week--we might be grateful for that!

Rob and Tanya have vacated the new sewing/research room and are setting up in their new space. I think they like it but it's still not organized the way they want. I have begun the process of painting by filling holes in walls and trim. Tomorrow I hope to get the trim ready and everything taped not only in there but also in my bath and the hall bath. I'm sick of THINKING about painting so I'm going to do it until I'm done. The extra room is completely full of boxes from my old sewing/research space and when I finish with paint it will take several days to get it organized. I also need to organize the garage at least a little so I can get everything in there that goes in there. The fun never ends! There's file cabinets in the living room, so the house is a total wreck. (Brayden did offer to take care of my wreck last week with his tail--he's a stegasaurus and it pretty entertaining to watch him swing his tail! I may have to take him up on it!) I'm not quite sure where we will play tomorrow when the boys get here but we'll figure it out! I'm looking forward to it, haven't seen them in a whole week!

I'm enjoying the photos of Nora on facebook. She is such a doll. Makes me miss her more, and I don't get to go out again until April.

I did some block cutting today and worked on a cross-stitch Larry started years ago. I have other people's UFO's as well as my own!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

We'll be enjoying a 100-105F day here in Sydney tomorrow so your snow is sounding mighty nice! I'll be thinking snow tomorrow to keep me cool. They say it's supposed to work. I'm due to do some paiting here but the prospect of moving everything around is putting me off. Still, once it's done you'll be delighted with it and can set up your rooms just they you want. Cheers, Ann :-)