Friday, January 8, 2010

Dancing flakes

If the last snow was a soft, white, lace curtain then today's snow is dancing it's way down! Not adding much to the piles on the ground but it looks nice. Snow is funny. The first one or two are considered seriously neat by nearly all. After all one must have the white stuff to sled, ski, snowboard, snowshoe, snow mobile or just build a snowman! With each successive snow folks get a little less enthused and start to grumble (some never stop) then is just IS and we all just get on with life. I'm sure most people (Lucas and I are exceptions) are at the grumble stage but haven't quite made the "just IS" state. I still enjoy it's beauty and do whatever it is I want to do. I have given up trying to keep track of the number of inches we have on the ground and will just reduce it to A LOT for Missouri. To be followed, I'm sure, by more.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

With temperatures in the mid 90s here in Sydney your winter wonderland sounds cool and inviting. So long as you are safe and warm, Let it Snow! Ann :-)