Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday at home

I returned home on Sunday after spending the Thanksgiving holiday with Bri's parents in St Louis. We had a wonderful meal of all things Thanksgiving-y for Up-state New York. Which isn't entirely like our more southern traditions. I had my very first taste of rutabaga--now I won't be afraid of recipes which call for one! I wonder if they sell them here? The Lennon's are a fun bunch, Scott got very lucky! I also reconnected with a Mizzou friend, Lynda and hubby Max. I seem to manage to see them every few years so we stay relatively connected. Scott and I took in the sites in old town St Charles, very neat, lots of specialty shops inculding one carrying candies etc from Great Britian. We had Chocolates! Yummy, much better than a Hershey bar. It was a great time spent with him just meandering.

I have been feeling dull and boring lately, think maybe Larry's passing is catching up with me again. Ah well, this too shall pass. I haven't begun any new projects and can't seen to get into any of the old ones so tomorrow will force myself. I did order fabric for my Irish Chain quilt, didn't do too well matching colors on the internet (no local shops carried the solids I needed) so now I have to decide if these colors will work or if I need to try again. Urgh. I also got some cute fleece with construction equipment for Kolby a blanket, that's an easy make, maybe I should start there? Still plowing thru all the paper work. Just made a decision to finish that this week and have it behind me. Plus the holiday shopping, I did a bit on line today but stockings are not filling up very fast! Like I said dull and boring!

No comments: