Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cross-stitch update


I haven't posted my progress on this stocking in quite a while. It's the only sewing I'm getting done right now but I have made really good progress on it. I have only a bit more in the heel and some half stitches then the backstitching. Perhaps I'll finish it before Christmas? I have four more stockings to do after this one so I hope I can move on soon. Trying to decide what pattern to use for my bed quilt. I'm leaning towards a triple Irish chain or hexies--The Irish chain I could machine piece and so would finish sooner. Very indecisive at this point so I'll keep thinking.

I am stiff this evening from raking leaves, I should have started a couple of weeks ago but with the rain I've had to wait so there were too many to mow. I am really out of shape! Next week I'll do it again. Every week until Thanksgiving or longer. The soft maples have completely lost their leaves, but the sycamore, gum and oaks all have a long ways before they are naked. This is the only time I actively wish for snow!

The day after tomorrow I go to see Nora (and of course her Mommy and Daddy!) I'm excited. I will have pictures to share!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are moving right along. I love it.