Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Show and Tell part 1

I said I'd show some of the things I got from my Dad last week so here is one. This quilt was made by my Grandmother, Ora Weddle Hickam, when they lived on the dairy. They moved from the dairy into town when my Dad was 11 or 12 and he's 84 now so it's old and has definitely seen hard use but it's hand pieced and hand quilted and I am thrilled to have it. Dad said she had a quilting club out on the dairy--she said some of the women had no business sewing and was known to pick out some of their stitching! I really needed two people to hold it but Rob was the only one home!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

It's such a lovely quilt! The fabrics look 1930s but faded. What a fantastic memory of your grandmother. Be sure to write it down for future generations of the family. Ann :)