Saturday, October 3, 2009

My newly redone bedroom


These are photos of my bedroom. With the exception of closet doors I've finished painting etc and moved in yesterday. For the first time in over a month I slept on a real bed! Boy did that feel good. The new bed is quite high, so high in fact that a stepstool is required for me to get in it. The poster on the wall is the one we bought in Austin at the Wildflower center, it really pops against the blue (which is, by the way not well represented in this photo.) I still have many things to do in here before I can claim that it's finished, a bedskirt, quilts, slipcover for the chair, runners and rugs. I intend to use the Hill Country print I bought in Fredricksburg in the quilt and will pick up pinks, yellows and greens along with more blue. Blue is my favorite color, as if you couldn't tell. I will need to buy much fabric before it's finished!

The plumber will return on Monday to install the new commode and I will have a fulling functioning suite again! I am happy that one room is tidy again.

I started working at emptying files cabinets this afternoon. I found more paper than I could have imagined in Larry's files--much worse than me and I consider myself a pack rat (9 boxes of fabric, remember?) I am sorting out the things which cannot be recycled due to personal information and then burning that. Sure is a good thing I got a fire pit for my birthday last year!

Last night I sat in my room, watched TV--hello Friday night, NUMBERS, one of the few shows I actually try to watch each week-- and worked on Brayden's stocking. I plan to do that again tonight. It's so restful.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

a good yarn said...

A blissful retreat Gail. It's just lovely. I do like your wildflower print. Ann :)

Bri@TheModernParsonage said...

It looks so good! I LOVE that blue :)

Reynolds Rap said...

The room looks so different, I really love the blue that you picked out. Can't wait to see the finish project.

Karen said...

Very pretty! I love the wall colour.