Sunday, September 20, 2009

September Sunday

I'm back home from camping with the kids the past weekend. We celebrated the September birthdays (mine on the 14th and Scott's on the 20th--that's today!) I had a very nice haul of gifts, a UMKC sweater from Rob and Tanya along with a garden stone sporting my favorite black and gold M for my MU Tigers, some new CD's from Beth and clan-she teased me as these have been on my wish list for seven years! Scott and Bri had found some lovely glass balls to add to my collection in the kitchen window. Earlier the California kids had given me hand-held lemon and lime juicers as I'd been looking for them quite a while. So I consider myself quite lucky. I was a slug all weekend! The grandboys shared their cold with me so I wasn't feeling tip-top but the weather was perfect for being outside so I mostly sat outside and did nothing! Rob and Tanya brought their telescope down on Saturday and it cleared up enough for us to see something (not sure what but there were plenty of stars above Arrowrock!) I took the trailer out alone for the first and last time as it needed to have the tanks emptied. I had thought I might keep it but the reality is that I can't manage it alone and it really isn't that much fun for the expense. I have three goals for this week: finish painting my room, finish notifications (and paperwork as available), and clean the trailer inside and out. Perhaps I'll even do some stitching, that would be nice!

No comments: