Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday

I spent today, or most of it, digging through the finances. This has never been something I've done happily so Larry (the accountant) took care of it. He showed me how he did it once but there were still alot of questions that went unanswered. I needed to develop my own system and sort everything. I also had to dig through the piles of stuff on my desk, and throughout my house to find everything. Tomorrow, I can balance the checkbook and pay bills. I also sorted out all the paper involving the many institutions I need to notify, urg, so when the death certificates come I can finish with the business of death. The house is a wreck, a total and complete wreck. I've decided that one function a day is all I can manage right now but I think that I will get better. Things are back to the "New Normal" in the house (except for the mess, that's not any normal) all the children have gone home, Rob's back to school and Tanya to work and we are all sleeping better. Every day has moments of sorrow but laughs too. The dogs and cats keep me company and staying busy helps. We've had support from so many people and we can't thank them enough. After I pay bills tomorrow, I plan to work outside (if it isn't raining), get the recycling to the school, and sort more of the fabric I took out before I had hand surgery. Getting that taken care of will allow us to walk through the basement! When I get it all ordered I'll post before and after photos.

No comments: