Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday, post biopsy

As time passed this morning and 11 am approached, I began to wonder if Monday would be a repeat of Friday. I'd already told his nurse that I would be raising a ruckus if he had not gone before 12 noon but shortly after said 11 am the call came and he was loaded up for transport to radiology. After a few minutes wait they came out and wheeled him away and I commenced waiting, one of my new best skills. It seemed like a long time before the tech came out to say he was in recovery and that they had "gotten" the biopsy, I'm not too sure what he meant but I'm hoping it means they got enough cells for pathology to determine the type of cancer involved. Results could take anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks depending, largely, on how close the pathologist "guesses" which stain to work with each time. After I saw him in recovery I came back up to the 8th floor waiting area, where Beth and Co, Larry and I, Rob and Tanya sat on Saturday evening for a visit. I'm sitting where they will wheel him by me on his way to his room, waiting. There is talk that he will go home yet today or perhaps tomorrow depending on having pain under control. We have an appointment with his oncologist on Monday, we think we might hear about results then. (As of now there is still not a final report on last weeks ct scan. I may have to be a little fierce, I hope not. It really isn't my nature to create discord and I really hate it so I have to be moved pretty far to stir things up! Course I'm already pretty stirred up so who knows!)

No comments: