Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's a sewing Sunday

Well, today I plan to sew! Just need to put in the zipper for my dress to be done (okay, it wants a hem but that has to wait for the SHOES to be bought, urgh) I'll model the dress and shrug for a blog as soon as it's done. Will also sew up the shrug for the topper and try to work on some quilt blocks. I have several things in the works and need to clear up at least a couple in the next two weeks. One is for California girl, okay more than one, and I'd like to have them ready to give her parents while they are here for Scott's wedding. We went to Columbia yesterday for Alayna's 6th birthday party. I can't believe she's that old already! All the kids, including Beth, had fun jumping into the foam pit. Brayden wanted to play more but when your time's up it's up. We're thinking that gymnastics membership we thought about last Christmas is a definite GO for this year. Kolby went with Larry and I to Walmart to finish up Alayna's gift (which I then discovered I'd left in Independence, Dud!) and Had to have a Tigger almost as big as he is. We shipped Brayden off to Alayna's house for more playing and Larry, Beth, Kolby and I met up with Scott for lunch at Bennigans and then headed out to Alayna's for cake, ice cream, bbq and presents. Alayna is such a GIRL! She is learning to cook and that was a theme, and she got money for kindergarten clothes but I'd have to say her favorite was the jewelry hanger and some new ear rings she got from her mom. She just squealed and put her hand over her heart at the sparklies! We all had a very good laugh. Guess I'd better get the roast out and think about getting to work, already been on my walk (that's 6 out of 7 days!)

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

You can't beat a good day's sewing! Glad to read that you have had some time to do so. Happy Birthday Alayna! Ann :)