Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Windows!

The new windows are in, mostly. Two did not fit the openings, measured and ordered correctly but not sent from factory right. Those two, a new front door and some trim on the upstairs patio door will be installed in about two weeks. There are still a couple of issues with the basement patio door but they will be resolved in the next couple of days most likely. I really like the way they look! Changed the exterior looks of the front of the house and make the inside seem lighter and brighter. I have some painting to do outside, not of the windows which are white and are guaranteed not to need painting unless I paint them, but of sills etc. Then when all is complete I am going to paint all the interior trim white, it's either that or replace it and we like the white I put in our bathroom. We are considering siding the house next year and if we do we'll likely put up white and stick with dark green trim.

I haven't done anything but watch the installers for the last two days and I'm exhausted! Taking the trailer out tomorrow for a few days with the kids, be back on Monday. I hope to do some hand sewing and other projects while we're gone, this is more a "sit around" weekend than we've had all year.

1 comment:

Bri@TheModernParsonage said...

That is some serious home renovation! I'll be excited to see it :)