Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday evening in Duluth, that's Minnesota.

Driving up today from Ham Lake (strange name) I realized that this year we have been on nearly the entire length of Interstate 35! We didn't quite follow it all the way south as we stopped in Austin,Texas and we missed a bit in Oklahoma but we've traveled the rest. Some sections several times. I do have to say that next to Oklahoma, Minnesota has the WORST roads! Every time we open the door to the trailer we wonder what has migrated to the floor. Once today it was the carton of spun honey (adult honey, kids) which was a huge mess and left a sticky spot on the floor. (Now I'll have to break out the mop!)

Every time we go out in the trailer for a longish trip one or both of the dogs get sick. This time is no exception. Kelsey refused to eat. For 48 hours. I was so worried I told Larry we'd have to go home if she wouldn't eat the rice I made her. Luckily she has wolfed it down and is much more her usual self. They are getting so old. I love to take them along on our trips as so many people talk to us!

Internet has been spotty even with the broadband card but so far we haven't had to hunt for a phone "hot spot."

We are staying here for two nights to do some sightseeing in Duluth before continuing on into Wisconsin. It is some cooler here than at home and no severe weather expected. A nice break.

1 comment:

eeiman said...

You WASTED adult honey?!?! No way! I would have been licking off the floor!