Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday a yard day

After I went to Walmart for a few things. I came home and went to work outside. I've been frustrated with my level of accomplishment (or lack thereof!) So I decided to focus on one room at a time and since the weather has been perfect I began with the yard. Also there is rain in the forcast beginning tomorrow--I can work inside even when it's raining!! I turned the third garden box today--no bunnies or talking worms, whew--then trimmed some bushes and the blackberries. After that I potted up the geraniums I hung in the garage last fall (experiment, my Aunt Edith use to do that each year successfully so I tried it) only 2 of the 10 were totally dead so the others I divided into groups of 4 and put them in large pots, now I'll wait and see if they grow. Then I got out my awesome new wagon--my mother's day gift-- and went to work on the west side of the house. We have piled up branches etc there for several years and it gets dead leaves added in the fall naturally. Last year was such a year of doctors I got behind in the breaking of branches for kindling so this was a real mess! Armed with gloves, rake and wagon I stacked twigs up neatly to use in the firepit and to take camping for kindling, it looks much nicer. I did stir up some kind of bee's nest but no stings. Unfortunately, I did not finish the yard work so I'll be back at it tomorrow unless or until it rains. Tonight I'm going to do a bit of work in here in the basement as that's my next area.

Larry has been working in the garage setting up his woodshop--I'm just praying he doesn't cut himself!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

A day in the garden is quite satisfying. You have certainly achieved a great deal. Well done!

Ann :)