Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Sunday?

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I blogged! I usually do better than that. We were in Columbia from Thursday until today for Scott's Master's graduation and I didn't seem to have time in the trailer to blog. Truth be told I was hardly IN the trailer there was so much going on. We met Scott's fiancees parents for the first time, he is fortunate in his future in-laws! Spent some time with Larry's Family. There was a terrible thunderstorm (the kind that sometimes bring tornadoes) on Friday evening, rained very hard for several hours and our daughter was driving down with her family during the worst of it. She saw a storm spotter stopped and taking photos of the clouds so she told her boys she had to "get out of here." This was only the final thing which went wrong for them that day but I'll let her tell it on her blog. Then we also dealt with some wedding details for August, I still have to finalize the rehearsal dinner and find a dress. (Or maybe I could just rent a tux? the guys did.)

The California Kids have been here this week as well and we always love having them. They have slept a lot as well--time zones reek havoc with sleep patterns! I always have that problem when we go to San Diego. They will be going home tomorrow and we will go back to missing them!

I spent a lot of time last week re-arranging rooms and cleaning up, am still not finished with that. The basement (and my sewing/research area) is a disaster until we clean the garage and move the second Cohrt cabinet into the laundry room. I often despair of making this house work for us but each time I re-arrange I either give away more stuff or I become brilliant and think of some way that makes it better.

The bunnies have left the nest so as soon as it dries out I will plant more beans and whatever else. I'm sure there will be weeds as well, it seems there always is.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I don't know how you manage to cram all that you do into a week Gail. I hope eberything is okay with your daughter and her family. We saw some of those storms on tv and they are very scary.

Take care....Ann :)