Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weekend catchup

Yesterday we watched the boys (that still seems odd to say and Kolby's 2 months old!) for a while. Brayden loves to play in the sand. Then Larry's sister, her husband and granddaughter joined us--Alayna and Brayden are fast friends who love to play together even thought they live 125 miles apart! Alayna's Mom came last and we all went to the Royals game. It was our first visit to the "K" since more renovations have been made, have to say I'm not crazy about some of them. I always thought the green space beyond the outfield with it's fountains was beautiful and elegant, now it's gone replaced by seating, activities etc all of which gave me the impression of a three ring circus! The fountains are still there but barely noticeable. I miss the days when one attended the game to actually watch baseball, not run around and eat, sigh. I must be getting old! Anyway with all the people going in and out of our row (around, over, in front of us--hello end seats due to Larry's long legs) and all the ones going up and down the steps it was hard to see home plate at times. I think you have better seats at home in front of the TV--that's what Larry always says about Football! Today I went shopping in preparation for our up coming camping trip. I was also looking for some clothes--I don't want to look like my mom or my daughter! Seems to make finding clothing impossible. I'll will have to order some things to get the classics I like. Enough grumbling!

I may not be able to post again until we get back on the 30th. The broadband card we had wasn't very useful so we returned in to try another provider and the new card hasn't yet arrived. Some of our state parks have wireless but I don't know if Crowder does yet. Hoping to get some stitching in, also hoping for good weather. Hope springs eternal!

2 comments:

eeiman said...

Hey! Some days I look darn cute! :)

Libbie

a good yarn said...

Time spent with the grand babies is always well spent. I like watching sports from the comfort of my own home but would love to attend a baseball game in the US. I'm with you Gail - there just aren't nice clothes for girls in our age group! I like your Coldwater Creek.

Cheers...Ann :)