Monday, April 13, 2009

Longhorns and Billy Bob's!

Today we went to the Fort Worth Historic Stockyards district. There are a lot of little shops with Texas souvenirs, places to eat etc and at 11:30 am and 4:00pm they "drive" a small herd of Longhorn Cattle down the street. Those poor things have so much horn I think they have trouble holding their heads up! It was interesting, especially in light of the fact that we saw some elsewhere behind warning signs about how contrary and dangerous they are! After we had BBq at Riscky's, it was good enough but not as good as either Arkansas or KC. At this point in our taste testing KC is still ahead. While at the stockyards we went to Billy Bob's Honky Tonk--the biggest honly tonk anywhere or so they say! It was pretty empty but I can imagine what it must be like full of people! There is a bull riding arena inside--not for fake bulls for the real ones! They also have the hand prints of many musicians who have performed there, mostly country music I think so I only recognized a few!

It was an interesting experience, very cold as it is windy today and was cloudy then. Also we had checked the weather and weren't expecting the chill so we didn't dress accordingly!

After that I went shopping at Cabbage Rose Quilt shop, Larry stayed in the truck and "Kindled." I bought fabric again! Some Civil War fat quarters for my 1st Saturday quilt and the green I'd been seeking for my Civil War Letters quilt. I'm not doing it in Civil War fabrics but in a Blue, Green and Cream color scheme. I like the Civil War fabric but I don't think I want overkill!

We are back at the trailer, Larry's napping. The dogs must be getting tired of being left, they ate the remains of a bag of tortilla chips and chewed up one of Larry's loafers! Think that was Kelsey--she's in the dog house!

We have one more day here then we are headed for home! It has been nice to see Gloria and Cyril again. We had dinner with them Saturday and then went to his sister's house for Easter dinner. Got to see her gorgeous grandbabies!

No comments: