Friday, April 17, 2009

Home at last!

We made it home yesterday afternoon, backed the trailer down the drive and unloaded a bit before we just "gave out!" We had a wonderful time, stayed the last night at another lovely Arkansas State park called Devil's Den. We considered staying another night there but we were out of some essential groceries and several miles (like 20) from more, plus I was tired of dealing with the dogs in the small space of the trailer so we came on home.

Today I bought groceries for the house, although I need to do a good inventory so I won't have to go back soon. Lately, it seems I run to the store everyday. Which is a habit I've never had and don't want to establish! After Walmart, Costco and Price chopper as well as dealing with the putting away of all that stuff; I finished bringing in things from the trailer so I can clean it tomorrow. Oh yeah, I have to do laundry tomorrow too.

Beth brought the boys over to see us after school, I got the longest, strongest hug from Brayden I've ever had. I think he missed us! Kolby has already grown and gotten fatter, but he still sleeps all the time.

After dinner we loaded the van up with electronics to recycle tomorrow on the square in Independence. Guess I'll return some library books as well.

Traveling is exhausting. First you work hard to get ready, then you go and get tired and lastly you work hard to get things cleaned up and back to normal. If it wasn't so much fun I'd just stay home!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Delighted to read that your trip was so enjoyable. I agree...there's no place like home and travelling is lots of hard work too! How wonderful to receive such a big warm hug from your grandson...Ann :)