Wednesday, April 8, 2009

German food!

We arrived here in Federicksburg, TX about 1:30 pm and set up our little home away from home, got the pups settled in and went to town for Snitzel! I don't think that's spelled correctly but the food was pretty good and we had Black Forest Torte for dessert so it was a hit! Then I got to visit a really nice Quilt shop and actually bought some fabric. Most of the time I don't buy fabric unless I have a project in mind, well that and the fact that I am overwhelmed by all the fabrics and the choices are too hard to make (I have the same problem in a bookstore or garden center!)

Tomorrow we are heading out fairly early (on this trip early has meant 10ish) back to Johnson City for the LBJ National site, then to the state site at his ranch. Then it's to the Wildflower farm, so I can buy some seeds (or plants) for the hill in the back, I figure if I seed it to wildflowers and plant some daffodils I might not have to mow! Then, we're going to a museum here on WWII in the pacific. I think I'll like that one as my Dad served in the Phillipines. Somewhere in there we'll have lunch/supper and return for rest!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

Yum! Black Forest Torte. Enjoy your day...Ann :)

Stefan said...

Great Post! I hope you enjoyed your German food and it was good. Have a great day

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Gail's Place: German food!" to our Food Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

foodnrecipes.info Team

http://www.foodnrecipes.info