Thursday, March 19, 2009

Signs of Spring

I have been cleaning the leaves out of my flowerbeds this week, it's probably too soon but I can't help myself!

All around are signs of spring, like this dandy-lion. My neighbors will be putting out the pre-emergent and spraying for them but I don't do chemicals and I kind of like them--so cheerful!



The buds on the lilac bush are swelling more each day and showing more color, it think it's going to be a good year for them. The bleeding hearts, hollyhocks, tansy, and pinks are up. The daffodils are tulips are up and the daffodils are blooming--it must be spring!

So-o-o-0, I put the snow thrower away. Gulp, if it snows in Missouri again this winter I'm to blame!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I think lilacs are wonderful. I know a street that has two very old trees and they are spectacular when in bloom.

Cheers...Ann :)