Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday, no snow so far!

Well, it's raining buckets but so far there has been no snow here. Still in the forecast, 2-6 inches depending on where in the metro you are. (I knew that 16 inches was baloney!) Cold though. Scot and Bri headed home from San Diego yesterday and decided to re-route thru Dallas as I-44 had a foot of snow or more in places! They will be back in Columbia tomorrow, latest as classes start up again. If no snow develops and the roads to the south are clear, we're heading out tomorrow. I think I've said that a whole bunch of times this month! I actually have the trailer ready to go out, only have some laundry, etc to get done plus the dogs need a bath. Hate to take stinky dogs in the truck! I'll still be checking email and blogging as Larry got a data card for the laptops, as long as we have Sprint signal we have internet! He will be happier not having to find a place with wi-fi.

I've been doing some cross-stitch, making flannel squares and working at dressing Kolby's bear. I won't be able to finish the bear before we leave as I don't have the emblishments for it yet. I'll have some hand work that I can do while we're out, along with all the other hand work I've already packed! I enjoy sitting around doing next to nothing for short periods of time and I always take more than I can possibly do or read but I really don't want to run out of things to do! I'd especially like to get Brayden's stocking finished and a number of blocks for See What You Started pieced, I think I will do those first then other things.

Our Missouri Tigers have won themselves a place in the elite eight of March madness, the Kansas Jayhawks lost yesterday (sorry Steve.) So that's leaves Mizzou and Oklahoma from the Big 12 in the tournament, Mizzou plays today, Oklahoma tomorrow. I hope we can beat UCon but it'll be a toughie--also hope UNC beats the pants off Oklahoma (one of the teams we love to hate!)

Well, enough playing around! Have some laundry and house work to do before we go. So-o-o-o, I'll just get to it.

No comments: