Friday, February 20, 2009

A new Frig

Yesterday Larry had the best day he's had in a long while. We ran around town most of the day--to two Lowe's, Walmart, Olive Garden and Baskin Robbins. He managed all that easily and didn't take a nap! Today is, of course, he's a little less energetic. We went to two Lowes to buy a new refrigerator, the one we have for drinks and storing milk etc in the basement has been freezing things for quite some time so we've had to store all the milk in the frig upstairs which created a problem but it had just begun freezing soda so it needed replacing. I should point out that it was probably older than Steven! I was not buying a new frig for the basement though but for the Kitchen! I wanted a side-by-side so I could have all the jars on the door--tired of having to practically enter the frig to find the pickles! Larry picked out a lovely stainless steel one--like 26 cft and much larger than the 18 cft we had. Outrageously expensive but high quality. It was delivered today and doesn't fit the hole between the broom closet and the stove hood! Now we're trying to decide wether to switch it with the baking center or go get a new (and smaller) stove hood. I swear when we replace the dishwasher ( which Larry really wants to do) we'll have bought all new major appliances in less than a year! I hope not to replace any of them again soon. I'll put in a photo tomorrow when I've finished loading it and the guys have the old one moved down to the laundry. I have to go buy some milk and eggs yet tonight.

I've been working on the denim bags have the handles on three more, finally figured out a way to make the handle itself that doesn't involve my turning them and killing my hands in the process. Only three to go and only one still needs tying so I'm good. I post a photo when they are all finished! I've made 8 blocks for the second rag quilt and done some stitching as well.
Wednesday night I went looking for fabric to make some aprons for myself and found I had forgotten quite alot of the fabrics I have purchased--I actually have a stash! Woo-hoo! Small but still. Anyway, I washed it all and am now ironing it and folding it to store in a way that I don't lose track of it again. I did find several pieces for aprons, too!

Like everyone else I'm ready for spring, my daffodils are up and some have buds on them, hope they don't get frostbite!

Larry has been working on his 3000 piece jigsaw puzzle, I loaned him one of my Ott lights to help with colors as it's quite dark and has lot of places that are similar. His leg is healing up really nicely since ending chemo, he's complaining that it hurts again and he's really fed up with the wound vac. We have an appointment with his oncologist on Monday and may have to go by ortho for a look see, maybe it's time to stop using it? I don't know but I can't make that sponge much smaller!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

WTG Larry!!! Keep up the good work and extend those years!!! Get that new trailer and go and enjoy retirement!!!

Love,
Debbie