Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday update

I've had a very productive couple of days, got thru the mountain of paperwork on my desk, got better organized and found some stuff we'd been looking for on Monday. Plus the laundry, yuk! Yesterday I took down the tree and the cottages, packed it all up and Rob and Tanya put it into the attic. Returned the living room to its normal configuration, etc. Rob said the room looked "naked" which is always the way I feel after taking down Christmas. Then I packed up the china and silver to return to Dad today while I'm running errands. (Does anyone know why there are so many errands?) To reward myself I cut more flannel and made three blocks for Brayden's quilt. I thought I was done with cutting flannel for that but I found two cute Thomas prints and I had some shirting flannel in the boxes that was very thin so I was afraid it would not hold up to an active little boy! Have to use those strips in another quilt, I think I'm going to have more blocks than I need in the end, whenever the end is.

We really are leaving on Saturday for Las Vegas, and if we can change Larry's chemo from Wed to Fri we are going on to San Diego for the weekend with Steve before we head home. We'll be home, latest, on the 22nd. Rob and Tanya are holding down the fort and watching the critters-what would we do without them?

We haven't heard, as yet, about the culture of his wound. I'll have to change the dressing today and give it a good look, Dr Duncan did the drain differently and it has really drained so I'm going to try his way today, keeping the thing draining is what stimulates the lymph system (I think.)
Dr Gail at it again!

No comments: