Monday, January 5, 2009

News from Orthopedics

We went in for Larry's check up on his wound vac this morning. It's closing well but Dr Duncan expects it to be with us another month best case, sigh. The last two dressing changes the wound has smelled off so Dr Duncan took a culture and sent it to the lab, will hear when we hear. Also he had his INR drawn (blood thickness) and we stopped in at the Anti-coagulation clinic and saw Rick for more lab numbers. It's weird that we know all these doctors, Pharmacists etc by first name! Anyway, we were still home by 9:30! I can't remember the last time we got out of there before noon! Larry went back to bed as he hasn't been sleeping well lately and I headed for computerland to work on finances and that small mountain I mentioned. So far I've set up my spreadsheets and now I'm going to work on the mountain! I wonder if I'll ever finish?

No comments: