Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday, a sewing day

Yesterday, Larry and I took care of some nagging details--the icicle lights that didn't work now light up our house and we are no longer drowning in recycling to name two. We also got the tree up, so the decorating is done! Larry set up an oval for his old "O" scale train under the tree this year and I added other of our toys from childhood. It looks cute even though it cuts down on present space! After that Larry was going to watch the MU-OU game and since I didn't particularly want to see them get creamed I went to the basement to sew. I finished one of my never-ending shopping bag projects, only about 9 to go, then I worked on blocks for Brayden's quilt. Today I have made more blocks, it's such fun and even fabrics I thought might not work or might not work well together are working out. I'm shooting for 10 blocks a day so that next week I can make the quiltlets. I hope it comes out cute enough for them to use it as his bedspread but even if it doesn't he will have a warm quit made with love by his Granna.

Speaking of Brayden, he was here for a while on Friday evening while Mommy and Daddy went Christmas shopping. He enjoyed playing with all those old toys, and reading books. He knows where we keep the candy and now always wants a "butterscotch," he nearly always gets one! Strangely, he never asks for more than one. I'll be picking him up at school tomorrow and we are going to Bass Pro to see the trains etc. Should be fun!

Larry, goes in bright and early tomorrow for his week two chemo. He has to have blood work and will ask them about his leg. He continues to have pain in the right leg and it swells and gets red as the day goes by. We are hoping the problems cause a spurt in activity on the Drs part as he is still not scheduled for imaging on it.

We're headed out to dinner soon, Cracker Barrel here we come! It's one place we can be sure to find food he can eat so we go there if we go out. It would be pretty discouraging to order food and not be able to eat it. Every day we look for more foods that he can eat but it's pretty limited and there's no rhyme nor reason to it, we both get frustrated with it. Other than the leg and the food things his only other problem is that he tires easily, not as bad as we expected.

No comments: