Sunday, November 16, 2008

The weekend's over, so sad

It shouldn't make any difference to me what day of the week it is but it seems to. Perhaps it is years of programming for school and work days, or perhaps it is the fact that there can be no
Dr appointments so I can plan something and actually hope to get it done! Yesterday, I cooked pumpkins for pies, and bread etc. I'll make 8 or 9 pumpkin pies before the end of the year and the rest I'll use for breads. I've done this before but I found an easier way, well I think it's easier. One of the nurses from the VA had offered me a Thomas train table for Brayden, just the right price--Free! I went to Overland Park to collect it and dropped in at Joann's for flannel. Luckily, I found six more, only 5 to go! Today, I finished with pumpkins and , wait for it, mowed leaves. My usual weekend chore. This time it was a bit different, I broke the mower! It's been raining broken things around here, we've had trouble with clothes dryers this fall and that saga continues. We tried taking mine out and using Tanya's, yesterday the touch panel went out on her's and it wouldn't stay running. This morning Rob and Tanya moved mine back in, we're hoping that Larry fixed the orginal problem. Otherwise, it's off to the store (probably Lowe's since they will take away the one that doesn't work) for a new one. Both dryers are old and we don't want to put money into them. Rob fixed his car, again, this week. He just doesn't want to buy a new one just yet. Larry put up a jigsaw puzzle yesterday, something he loves but hasn't done lately mostly because of the cats (they eat pieces.) I bought some felt and we are covering it up when not working on it. Tanya spent a little time with it as did I, it's fun. Tomorrow, we're off to the VA for blood work due to his blood thinners, we need to talk to his Oncologist about his CT and next appointment as well. I still have not finished cleaning the house altho it's getting close. If we don't have to spend too long at the VA I might get done tomorrow, It not then Tuesday. I'll be really glad, both to be finished and to have a clean house. I have, of course, several projects and chores that are waiting form me when I finish. Hope all of you have a good week!

No comments: