Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cards for the troops

My sister in law emailed me about sending mail to the wounded at Walter Reed, Tanya and I tried this last year and our letters were returned, regulations prohibit mail addressed to Any Service member, all mail must be sent to a named individual. I found this really neat web site: anysoldier.com where you can request addresses for service members, 2 each day. They have all the rules and regs and recommendations for care packages etc. All in all very useful. I requested addresses for two Air Force members today and will request more tomorrow. They have this going year round as well. I've wanted to do this for years so I finally found the place to do it. I finished housecleaning today!! And no I won't come clean yours!! Larry has to go do the blood thing tomorrow morning and we have some appointments to change. Then I'm going to Brayden's day care for a Thanksgiving party. I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing him home with me--he 'll want to play with the train table! I hope to be able to sew some tomorrow or maybe bake, anything will be more enjoyable than this endless cleaning has been.

No comments: