Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday at the VA

Larry had a follow up with his oncologist today, he doesn't need a blood transfusion (right now) and I get to give him a shot every week he's not in the hospital! I don't think that's going to be fun, I gave him blood thinner shots after surgery but this is a bit different. He says I'm gleeful at the prospect! I'm not. He still kind of weak and hoarse, not sleeping well, etc BUT he says the icky taste is gone and that coffee now tastes good. He's able to drive again, he mostly drives short distances because I worry that he'll over do and not be able to drive home. Since Rob is driving the Truck (the Dinky died) that would put me in a fix! He had all his hair cut off today which is weird but it was due to fall out any day and he just didn't want to bother with it. He has a nice head for bald. He will loose all the hair on his body soon.

I'm finally finished with the basement room and I'll start cleaning upstairs this weekend. Tomorrow is my big shopping day so I'll be out and about all day. Then on Saturday I'll mow those leaves! We thought about going for a short trip but have decided against it, I think. Getting a new roof on Wednesday weather permitting so someone needs to be here to pay them.

Nothing really exciting going on just doing what we can each day until it's time for chemo again.

No comments: